I'm back... with some belated, fun-police advice

Hello? Hello? Anyone still there… or has Ali G and his legion of followers taken over this blog?

I’m back… for a little bit at least. Mrs Blog and I have been ‘up country’ (as people still say in East Africa), visiting Tsavo East National Park in Kenya, followed by the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park in neighbouring Tanzania.

I will be blogging extensively on our recent travels, so sit tight and brace your collective selves for lots of pictures, and an expose of the good, the bad and the frankly ridiculous in a selection of East Africa’s national parks.

I’ve got a couple of days’ worth of reliable internet connection while we transit from Tanzania to Zimbabwe, via Johannesburg. Once in Grimbabwe I doubt I’ll be doing much other than drinking Zambezi Lager and fishing on Lake Kariba, so don’t set your hopes too high.

In the meantime, I have something to share with you… some priceless words of wisdom straight from the desk of the Head of Communications of South African National Parks. I chanced upon a copy of the SANParks staff magazine during my recent time in Kruger and I offer this belated advice from the editor to all her fellow national parks employees, for the Christmas-New Year holiday season:

‘Colleagues, please take your personal safety seriously, condomise and refrain from having multiple sexual partners. Sex has and always will be there, so there is no reason for acting irresponsibly as if this is something that is going to disappear soon. Love yourself and love your partner.’

Yes ma’am!

Comments

ali g said…
Welcome back Kotter!
Tracey said…
Send her a selection of your books and mark the salacious scenes with Post-Its. Aw, go on.
Les said…
Nice to have you back sounds like you had an awesome time.
Flea said…
That's ironic and funny the same time. Great to see you guys back again.
Anonymous said…
I find a new joy in the world to know there is a public servant out there, somewhere, with the goodwill and bravado required to talk up sex in her official Xmas memo.

Orig Anon.
dozycow said…
Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time, good to have you back!
Looking forward to hearing more of your travels, meanwhile enjoy the fishing....

PS: At the risk of sounding'risque' tonight's word verification is 'horni'- honest (now would I lie?).......it must obviously be in reference to the magnificent Rhino
Unknown said…
Did hear an account from a Van Zyl that TP likes a beer and, that he and TP, and I all own Land Rovers.
What a sad state of affairs!

Amazing that we can still maintain contact albeit via a 3rd party. Seems a long time since that drink in a certain pole dancing bar.
Tony Park said…
Very funny, JOhn. Don't make jokes about bars like that or Mrs Blog will feed me to the lions!

You know I am not that kind of boy.
Tony Park said…
This comment has been removed by the author.