Saturday, September 17, 2011

AFRICAN DAWN, coming soon the UK and South Africa

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I blogged, but I've been busy writing a 1oth novel, OK? (The ninth is being edited and is due out next year).

First up, I just like to see a very big and very humble thank you to every in Australia and New Zealand who bought a copy of my latest book AFRICAN DAWN. It's because of you that I am where I am in the Nielsen Bookscan Top 10 list (above). As my publisher in the UK at Quercus Books said to me in a very nice email today, "if you can't trumpet number one, then what's left to shout about?"

I'm not sure where I sit in the overall fiction Top 10 (the list above is Australian fiction), but I do know that a couple of weeks ago I was number 2 overall behind some fellow named Patterson, or something like that.

I'm also very pleased to announce that AFRICAN DAWN will be released in the UK and South Africa very soon - in October, in fact. Here's the cover for the UK/RSA edition...




I'm currently tapping away on my laptop in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. I've been dabbling a bit on facebook so if you haven't befriended me there, please feel free to do so.


I also have good intentions of blogging more. Mrs Blog and I are off to Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe soon and I should have much to write about from this trip, although it's usually quite hard for me to connect to the internet in all three of those countries. Stay tuned...




No comments :