Meet me, my old boss, and a mate, Mosman, March 6, 2015

I'm not much into politics these days, but a long time ago I worked for the New South Wales State Government as a press secretary - a media adviser.

One observation I will make about politics these days - whether it it be in Australia or Africa - is that I believe there should be more candidates who come to politics from a business or NGO background, something outside of the ranks of the parliament or government.

I consider myself lucky to have worked for a man by the name of Nick Greiner, who came to politics from a successful business background.  I was a junior press secretary in Premier Nick Greiner's office.  I was 24 when I started working for him, fresh from a few years working as journalist.

Now, 26 years later, Nick Greiner has agreed to speak at a mini local launch of my latest book, 'The Hunter' at The Barn, 3 Avenue Road, Mosman, NSW, from 6-8pm on March 6, 2015.

I'll be selling books on the night and we'll also be auctioning off the right for some lucky attendee to have their name used as a character in my next novel.

I must inform you that the function will be raising money for the election campaign of a friend of mine, Michael Sharpe, who is running for the seat of The Entrance, at the NSW State Election, to be held next month.

Michael is an excellent bloke.  He's only recently joined the Liberal Party and has no prior experience in politics - he's spent his life so far working with his brothers in a successful family business building and fixing roads throughout the State.  I think this alone makes him an excellent candidate for parliament, but in addition he's a family man, active in his local community, and just wants to make a difference.

If this sort of thing isn't to your political liking then thanks for your time reading this, but if you'd like to meet a man I believe was the smartest politician I ever met - Nick Greiner; a guy who will make a good, honest member of parliament - Michael Sharpe; and an author of airport novels - me - then please come along.

Date: Friday, March 6, 2015
Time: 6-8pm
Venue: The Barn, 3 Avenue Road, Mosman, NSW
What: Book launch, character name auction, cocktail party.  Beer, wine, soft drinks and nibbles included
Cost: $65 per head
Bookings: email mmackenzie49@gmail.com or PH: 0402 118 059
RSVP: ASAP

Comments