An Empty Coast

An Empty Coast
My latest novel

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mid air disaster

The great SILENT PREDATOR book promotional tour has taken me to Thailand, Legion of Fans (LOF), and I look forward to meeting as many of my Thai and international fans as possible during my whistle-stop visit to public libraries on the island of Koh Samui.

Actually I am in Thailand (Bangkok airport right now) for a four-day celebration of a significant birthday of a friend of mine, the Big Kahuna. He surfs, but he is no Hawaiian.

Anyway, I have only one thing to report so far, and it is a tragedy of such grave seriouslness that a lump comes to my throat as I type these following words.

British Airways, Flight BA10 from Sydney to Bangkok... June 3, 2008, a date that will live in infamy...

Ran out of beer four hours into the flight.

2 comments :

ali g said...

I have reported this calamity to my BA jumbo jet pilot mate who was shocked embarrassed and humiliated that such a thing could occur. He offers a deep apology on behalf of BA.
just dreadfull...
ps watch out for that big Kahuna, he is known to be a bit of a naughty boy!

The Barman said...

Did they run out or were you refused service?